Lower your energy invoice

Together we save more

Lower your energy invoice

Together we save more

What is the energy advance invoice?

The energy advance invoice is the monthly amount you pay for your energy. This is also called advance invoice, advance amount or installment amount.

How is the advance amount calculated?

The installment amount is the cost of using energy. This is an deposit, because the energy supplier makes an estimate of what you will use in energy in the coming year. An energy supplier only knows what your actual energy consumption is after a year. This means that the installment amount is also called an advance invoice or advance amount. The costs consist of delivery costs, network management costs, energy tax, ODE and VAT.

Average advance amount

An advance amount is always calculated on the average of your energy consumption of the previous year. On this basis, you will receive an annual invoice at the end of the year, stating the actual amount. Often, any welcome discounts are also included in the determination of the amount. To give you an idea, an example of the calculation is shown on the right!

Example

Metaltechnical company Janssen for example paid € 5,300 for its energy last year. Because the energy supplier has not taken into account the reduced rate that applies after 10,000 kWh, too much energy tax is charged. In addition, the energy supplier did not take the different assessment volumes into account for the Sustainable Energy Storage (ODE). The correct annual costs are a bit different:
Advance payment
Estimated costs + (possible) welcome discount €5.840,-
Actual costs for gas and electricity €4.964.-
Total to be received €876,-

What does the advance amount include?

1. Government charges

These are two charges. A charge that everyone pays on every cubic meter of gas (m³) and on every kWh of electricity consumed. This is also called energy tax. The other charge is about the Sustainable Energy Storage (ODE). The ODE is approximately 20% of the charged price and the other 80% of the price consists of the energy tax.

2. Supply costs

This concerns the costs you pay for every kWh and m³ that you consume. There are several options here. For example, you can choose fixed rates, in which the rate does not change, or variable rates, in which the energy rate can change every day.

3. Network operator costs

These are the costs that you pay for the transport and maintenance of your energy. You pay the costs for maintenance for the energy network.

By default, 21% VAT is charged on the advance amount

SME or self-employed worker?

Then you include within the supplier model. This means that you only have to pay the costs to the energy supplier. The network operator costs are included in this. However, it is slightly different for large business customers. Large consumers fall under the network operator model. They pay both the energy supplier for the delivery costs and the grid operator for the grid management costs.

Reduce the advance amount?

Many companies have had to close their doors temporarily again as a result of the Corona virus. However, the fixed costs continue to run, as do the energy costs. Energy Department mediates with your energy supplier to reduce your energy invoice. As a result, you now have fewer expenses. We mediate this, in these times, free of charge for you. Even if you are not our customer.

Advance payment

  • Select your organisation below
    How it works:

    Step 1: Fill in the form.

    Step 2: We will contact you.

    Step 3: We mediate during the request to reduce your advance payment.

    Disclaimer: Energy Department is an intermediary and cannot give guarantees and / or take responsibility for financial additional assessments that may result from lowering the advance amounts.

    bt_bb_section_bottom_section_coverage_image

    Free consultation

    Our consultants will help you with all your energy questions if possible. So discover what you can find.

    Lower consumption

    Smart products can help you reduce your energy consumption. Shortly, don't wait any longer!

    Free consultation

    Our consultants will help you with all your energy questions if possible. So discover what you can find.

    Lower consumption

    Smart products can help you reduce your energy consumption. Shortly, don't wait any longer!